Hello & Collection

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Hello & Collection

Post by OldFoo »

Hello,

ik realised i read here very oftenly, ask questions, buy stuff, and try to help out where i can, but never took the time and decency to introduce myself, so here goes.

I am 31 years old, and from the Netherlands.

I'm used to be a pretty hardcore console collector, but my interest has shifted recently to arcade stuff (i guess that's the logical next step ^^).

I like pretty much everything arcade related, but Sega stuff has a special place in my heart since i first got a Master System as a little kiddo.

This is my current cab line-up:

- Naomi Uni chopped (Naomi 2 with virtua Tennis in that atm)

- Sega Blast City (currently Puzzle Bobble F3)

- Naomi Uni VS2002 (currently with VS2002 in it also)

- Crazy Taxi (currently with Initial D in it, working on getting a card reader for that)

- Wild Riders (possibly for sale soon, would like a Daytona USA 1 dedicated cab, my alltime fav)

- Scud Race dedicated, left part of a twin

I have several stuff i swap in and out of most cabs, Naomi 1, 2, GDRom, Triforce, System 256, Neo Geo MVS, and my wife's Taito F3 with puzzle bobble :smt016

And a bunch of games for all of the above.

I am currently:

- looking into refurbishing the Scud Race cab with new art, and looking into getting a Daytona USA 2 and Sega Rally 2 cage to swap in and out together with the needed other parts to get that working.

- Reading up on Chihiro and Outrun2 in the Crazy Taxi cab.

- Looking for a Jambo! Safari cart.

- And considering selling Wild Riders to make room for a Daytona USA cab.

My homebase is the dutch www.nozomi.nl community of which several members also actively reside here.

I enjoy reading and learning stuff here and get assistance where needed. So Hi ^^
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi, nice assortment of cabs. I'm sure you know of the Belgian website that's selling Scud Race decals?

OutRun2 in the CT cab should be an easy conversion - just swap the naomi out for the Chihiro and get hold of an OR2 disc/chip - they can be picked up fairly cheap now. Saw one go on ebay for about $30 recently!

Did you have to make wiring changes to get the CT shifter to work with initialD? I have CT for my sitdown driver cabs but not looked into a solution for the gear shift (no reverse gear) yet.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

outrun2 wrote:Hi, nice assortment of cabs. I'm sure you know of the Belgian website that's selling Scud Race decals?

OutRun2 in the CT cab should be an easy conversion - just swap the naomi out for the Chihiro and get hold of an OR2 disc/chip - they can be picked up fairly cheap now. Saw one go on ebay for about $30 recently!

Did you have to make wiring changes to get the CT shifter to work with initialD? I have CT for my sitdown driver cabs but not looked into a solution for the gear shift (no reverse gear) yet.

Actually I don't know about that website, and i am very interested :)

My shifter doesn't work with initial D (same for me, i never took the time to rewire it, i'm fine with automatic shifting :p), but i have the pinout info on which pin is different (3 are) if you'd like.

When i put initial D in the CT cab, the down shift changes views, and up dows nothing.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Welcome to sega-naomi.com, jiggymf :-)

Impressive lineup, even more so when physically standing in the shed that houses all these beauties ;-) I am glad you live nearby :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Never used the site but I was browsing it only last week so knew they had Scud Race stuff..

Arcade Invaders

I'm guessing most (if not all) decals are repro but might be what you need?

Yes the shifter problem in my initialD cab means I can get reverse gear but not back to 'drive' afterwards - pretty impossible to live with in Crazy Taxi! :smt012

I should look into fixing this so yes, post the changes needed if you know them :D [/url]
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

outrun2 wrote:

You're right , this is repro sticker but I think they are printed in a good quality :) ( ask macklane for some informations )
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

zitoun wrote:
outrun2 wrote:

You're right , this is repro sticker but I think they are printed in a good quality :) ( ask macklane for some informations )

I'm pretty fine with good repro ^^ they look pretty neat
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Looks nice. Can i come over and play as well, i'm only 1 city to the left?

;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If you bring beer, definately ^^
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I thought those photo's looked familair. I'm not stalking you, really :P