Out Run 2 setup at last!

Go on, you know you want to show off!
OldFoo

Out Run 2 setup at last!

Post by OldFoo »

Finally got this all set up, seems to have taken for ever!

:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

How did you get this to run without a midi board?

I have pieces and parts of an OR2. I got it to boot with power supply, Chihiro, and monitor but it hung stating need midi board, or cannot connect to midi board, or something like that. That was about as far as I got then I gave up. Have a NAOMI analog control panel to emultate the 5K pots for steering and gas and was hopping to just play around with it like that. Eventually, want to convert a Daytona 2 USA Power Edition Cabinet.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

To bypass the MIDI board check, press TEST and change the cabinet type to upright (in Game Assignments, Cabinet)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:To bypass the MIDI board check, press TEST and change the cabinet type to upright (in Game Assignments, Cabinet)

Uplight is the Engrish term for Upright.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:To bypass the MIDI board check, press TEST and change the cabinet type to upright (in Game Assignments, Cabinet)

Thanks!!!

Maybe I can get further next time I get some 'free' time to experiment.

Have not ever seen an upright in the US. (expept for pictures of Crazy Taxi and Jambo Safari). Is there force feedback in the uprights?

Thanks Again

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

SkiDog wrote: Is there force feedback in the uprights?

No, and that is why changing the cabinet type will bypass any force feedback stuff.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cool, Opens up my opions. So with the 'right peices' I could convert a standup NAOMI universal to a Driver

Guessing What I would need would be

1) Steering Panel From Crazy Taxi or Jambo Safari and pedal set (probably tough to get any others in US)

2) Correct wiring looms

or plan B

Just get a Crazy Taxi and swap out NAOMI for Chiriro. I think I asked in another thread about which cab would be best. Need to search and find link that lists games that would play straight up on a CT cab and ones that would need some wiring mods and ones that would be difficult.

[edit] found link for games that will play in OR2 cab but due to the fact can probably only get crazy taxi cab what game will plan in CT cab?

http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4705

Thanks

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can swap a chihiro straight into a Crazy Taxi cabinet (did it a few weeks ago) and everything works out of the box, with exception of the shifter. The shifter wiring is different, so your up shift will do nothing, and down shift will change views.

You can easily rewire this, it's just 2-3 wires to make it work.

And of course an upright cabinet like Crazy Taxi does not have Force Feedback.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

just got an upright OR2 and its on route from a friends, did not know it didnt have Force Feedback, I guess makes sense really as such a small area inside the cab, makes me sad as was hoping it did, like its sitdown twin I have
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Wow, This is a blast from the past. I got tired of trying to figure out how to do OR2 in a model 3 cab and picked up a dual sit down OR2 about a year ago .

Happy with it :smt020