I'm having with worst luck getting a cabinet, I swear...

Vent you anger & warm of scammers in this forum (no mods)
OldFoo

I'm having with worst luck getting a cabinet, I swear...

Post by OldFoo »

Just venting here (I think that's allowed in this forum) -

I've been trying to purchase a New Net City or Net City cabinet for a couple of months now.

I sold my entire NES collection to fund the purchase, because I didn't want to use other funds (I typically buy and/or sell my games to fund other game-related purchases, though sometimes I just spend cash from the ol' paycheck.)

Anyway, I've been communicating with someone in California about a Net City Cabinet, and although I feel it is overpriced, was willing to pay it.

In the meantime, there was an auction for a Naomi Universal cabinet on the east coast that came with a marquee holder, a Naomi mobo and GD rom drive, and Virtua Tennis 2. I had every intention of trying to win that, if I could do so for the same or less cost as the Net City cabinet.

Lastly, a member here was selling a cabinet that also may have been a good fit for my needs, but I was unable to strike a deal quick enough.

So here's how the other two shook down...

I had to attend a short meeting at work when the ebay auction ended, so I missed my chance to bid. Final cost - $1250. Not bad, considering that a mobo and GD rom drive/DIMM, etc go for about $200 and the Virtua Tennis 2 GD rom sells for an average of about $150+. That would mean the cabinet would have cost me about $900. This is $600 less than what the Net City would have cost. Even the shipping would have been $100 cheaper.

So, I was extremely pissed that I was called away during the time of the end of the auction, and bummed that I missed a good opportunity.

But, I said to myself, at least I can get the Net City cabinet.

Nope...

Found out today that he sold his entire stock of Net City cabs, and now I'm back to square one.

Three possible cabs, and inside 24 hours, I got none of them.

He did offer a good deal on an Atomiswave cabinet though.

However, I'm looking for a JVS cabinet with rotatable monitor, preferably Tri Sync with auto switching.

Can anyone tell me if an Atomiswave cabinet will fill those needs?

Anyone have any suggestions other than to start drinking?

Thanks,

Orri~
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

what type of atomiswave,the horrible black piece of crap or the nice candy cab style?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

grantspain wrote:what type of atomiswave,the horrible black piece of crap or the nice candy cab style?

Not certain, but let's assume that it's the candy cab style...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

it will have a wei ya tri sync and can tate,i think they are a nice cab

anything less than $800 is a steal as long as its tip top
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

a pic,almost identical to taito egret 3 cab http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

grantspain wrote:it will have a wei ya tri sync and can tate,I think they are a nice cab

anything less than $800 is a steal as long as its tip top

Thanks man, perhaps I'll see what's up.

Are these JVS or JAMMA?

Still want a Naomi cab though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I might be totally wrong, but it looks like there are a driving naomi cabs making their way onto the typical markets and they sometimes are cheaper than you think.

The only thing I'm unsure of, as I've never seen one in person nor can I find too much data online, is whether or not its possible to swap the control panels to something more traditional.

Can anyone confirm or deny this or talk about how easy it is?

I've seen a few crazy taxis naomi cabs go for around $1500, which isn't a horrible price from what I've seen. So far, I've seen Jambo safari, 18 Wheeler, Crazy Taxi, and I think Initial D in this style.

Don't be afraid to check craigslist. I was able to pick up a MvC2 in a dynamo showcase cabinet for about $500 from a local seller. I know its not a Naomi cabinet, but its at least proof that there are deals if you look hard enough. :)

Also, in your profile, I think it says Texas for location? There's an arcade called ArcadeUFO in Austin. You might want to consider talking to the owner and see if he can help you find a good source for what you need.

Just some suggestions, as I was also in a boat where I was searching high and low for the right cabinet within my budget.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

urza wrote:I might be totally wrong, but it looks like there are a driving naomi cabs making their way onto the typical markets and they sometimes are cheaper than you think.

The only thing I'm unsure of, as I've never seen one in person nor can I find too much data online, is whether or not its possible to swap the control panels to something more traditional.

Can anyone confirm or deny this or talk about how easy it is?

I've seen a few crazy taxis naomi cabs go for around $1500, which isn't a horrible price from what I've seen. So far, I've seen Jambo safari, 18 Wheeler, Crazy Taxi, and I think Initial D in this style.

Don't be afraid to check craigslist. I was able to pick up a MvC2 in a dynamo showcase cabinet for about $500 from a local seller. I know its not a Naomi cabinet, but its at least proof that there are deals if you look hard enough. :)

Also, in your profile, I think it says Texas for location? There's an arcade called ArcadeUFO in Austin. You might want to consider talking to the owner and see if he can help you find a good source for what you need.

Just some suggestions, as I was also in a boat where I was searching high and low for the right cabinet within my budget.

Thanks for the info.

I actually work about 5 minutes from Arcade UFO, funny that you mention it. I've been there several times and have spoken with the owner almost as many. He bought all his machines (a lot of New Net City cabs, and other cabs too) in one bulk purchase. Basically enough to fill a shipping container. I jokingly told him that if he ever wants to sell a cab, to call me.

My goal is to own the European Naomi style of shooting cabinet and driving cabinet (the upright cabs), as well as two Naomi Net/New Net City cabs (one for vertical and one for horizontal games.)

I know this will be tough, take a while and will be expensive, but I pretty much don't care. :D

Hopefully I'll find one. I do check Craig's List, but no luck yet.